Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Working on my Massage Chair Again

I've made several posts and videos about my massage chair. I have had the chair for a few years now, and I was so glad that I was able to fix it. 

Here is a post when I got the chair.  

Here is a post where I worked on the transformer getting it working. 

Here is a post where I fixed the back fabric of the chair. 

Recently, the rollers have been poking into my back at the top of the chair.  I had never had that problem before. Also, the rollers started squealing when it would hit a certain spot in the rotation. 

I have had it on my list to call the company and see what can be done, if anything, for the problems. I took the back off last night and a broken spring fell out when I took it off. Once the back was off, I tried to put the rollers down to the bottom and no matter what I did, it kept going back to the top. I couldn't remember if the rollers were usually at the top or the bottom.

I was able to call the WONDERFUL repair guy who has helped me every time I have called. I had a hard time getting through as the customer service guy didn't want to let me speak to him since my chair is out of warranty and they don't offer any of the parts anymore. 

When I spoke to him, I told him about the spring that fell out when I took the back off the chair.  He said that there are springs under the rollers that allows them to contour to the back when moving. I inspected the one side and saw where the spring was, and when I looked at the other side, it was missing the spring. 

I also told him the roller screw rod top was loose and causing a squealing. He said it has been so long since he has worked on this chair, that he didn't remember what should be there. 

He said that the older chairs that would have the parts in them are in an older warehouse and he didn't know if the parts I needed woulds be on the chair, or if they would work if they were there.

He asked me to take some pictures and text them to him. I sent them, and am really hoping he can find the two parts I need as it is really uncomfortable with the roller in my back and I am not using the rollers for the back due to the high pitched noise / squealing. 

I know the man wants to help me. He mentioned that when someone calls ordering the newer transformer, he refers them to my YouTube video about how to take off the base and where to install the new transformer. I think I have made his job easier for him as they can refer to that video on how to open the back etc. 

I hope he can find the parts as I would like to enjoy my massage chair again! I use it every day! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment