Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Few Good Men and a Transformer

I have literally fallen asleep three times now with my computer on my lap sitting on my couch. I know that has never happened before. Something is wrong with me. I have a headache every night and I am SO tired I can hardly get anything done. 

I am not sure what is going on in my world but I am just so not feeling well. I called the company about the massage chair and the repair guy told me the transformer is $350! Well I thought the motherboard was expensive at $220. So, we talked and he said he did think it was the transformer when I called so with that huge expense, I took a trip to the local electronic shop. 

I thought it was the smaller transformer box so they said it would be about $20 but we needed exact specs. I called my brother telling him I thought it was the round coiled one and he had me do more testing but I caused sparks and it freaked me out so I called my wonderful handyman neighbor and he came over with his tools and double checked and I told him what I thought it was and he figured out that it was that for sure. 

I think I can get two 12 volt transformers and splice them into one working unit for the motors and my handyman said he would come help me once I found the parts I need. 

I hit bottom fast within about 20 minutes I got a headache, got super tired and could hardly function. I think it may be diabetic stuff as I ate rice all three nights and ended up with a headache and being super tired. I was in bed early again yesterday and am headed there again after snoozing on the couch sitting up for the past hour or two. 

I hope I can get the stuff to fix the chair tomorrow and can check that off the list. I need to edit my mom's book and I think that sitting in a massaging heated chair while doing it could make the work go so much faster! 

I looked online hoping I could find  a used one on ebay or something and there were a few similar ones but I just don't know enough that I dare do anything without an expert over my shoulder so I will go to them tomorrow taking this part along hoping they have something that will work as it is under the chair, it doesn't matter all that much what it looks like as long as I have it secured. 


So, between my brother, the fix it guy from the company, my handyman and the electronic store men along with the three men it took to get it into my house, I may just have a massage chair. So, for a transformer and a few good men, I can have a relaxed holiday season! 

Have a relaxed and Blessed Day~!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I have the same chair and same problem. thank you for posting this fix it will save me alot of time.
    was the part $350???
    Gulffrontcondo@aol.com
    Rocky

    ReplyDelete