Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Lots Of Digging - Broken Fence Post, Landscape, and Sprinklers

I have so much going on and should be working on the garage and house but I keep thinking that I need to get all the issues of the yard taken care of before it gets really hot. 
I have been doing some landscaping changes in the backyard as I have lots of corners and want to make it more straight across the back garden area. I started that project a few days ago and have been working after the sun goes down as it is so hot and I don't do well in the heat. I got the trench done for the wood barriers to the garden area and went today to purchase new sprinkler lines so I could pull the sprinklers out of the garden area and put them on the grass area where there are dry patches. 

I have another area where the sprinklers aren't getting and am adding a second sprinkler to that line in hopes I can get my backyard finished as I have been working on it for years. While I was digging that second line for the new extended sprinkler, I noticed that there was a fence post that had broken in the wind. I replaced most of the fence posts ten years back but the one that is broken is one I did quite a few years back and my neighbors were all helping me and one put a rope around the cement base to pull it out of the hole. 

Then when I did most of the fence posts ten years back, my friend Jay helped me put the new posts in and he showed me how to just fill up the hole to get the larger cement bases out by just moving them back or fourth and letting the dirt get under it. Here is a link to that post. 

I helped my neighbor trim up a tree and by the time I started digging in the backyard, it was nearly dark. I got the sprinkler line dug up and then started digging out the fence post once I realized it was broken. It was such a big piece of cement that I just kept digging and digging. 

I got so frustrated that I decided to shift to a different method I have used in some situations. I started chipping out the old rotted out post. I could only get down so far before the wood was wet and bendy so I am hoping that tomorrow I can use a drill and the reciprocating saw to get the rest of it out and then I can hammer in a new 4 x 4 post. I hope it isn't a hot day and I can get those things done. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment