Wednesday, June 23, 2021

A Bank Honors A Bank - Fun Luncheon

I got an email from the Director of the local food banks saying there was a local bank that wanted to honor the food bank workers and board. 
I was surprised by this as I have been involved with the food bank for about 17 years. I have never seen anyone local do anything or honor the food bank in any way. 

I had been out of town but promised the director that I would be there to support her by going. I got home late  the night before and was quite exhausted but wanted to keep my promise. 

I went to the luncheon and it was very sweet as they purchased me a chicken salad as I am gluten free and couldn't eat a sandwich. They brought what everyone ordered and we had a great lunch getting to know about the workers. 

After lunch, they took a tour of the building, fridge, freezer and asked questions throughout the tour. It was such a thoughtful thing for the bank to do for us! I really enjoyed the visit and my salad. 

After they left, I asked the director if I could make a "thank you" basket for the bank workers as I thought it was so wonderful for them to do that for us. 

It just happened that there was an extra basket at the food bank, so she gave me the basket and allowed me to go pick out some fun treats to put into the basket. I wrote a thank you letter and took the basket to the bank and thanked them for their kindness. 

I had enough treats left over to make two more little baskets of treats. I brought home a few baskets Princess Two was getting rid of, so I filled those two baskets and took them to two neighbors who lost family members in the past week. 

I know when there is a death, sometimes you can't eat a meal as your body goes into shock, so I took over the baskets and visited with each family. The funerals are both this week and I may be babysitting for one of the families during the viewings. I have know them for many years and am glad that I can offer that service to them. 

It was a nice day and I felt appreciated for my service at the food bank which hasn't happened in many years now. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment