Thursday, June 10, 2021

Another Late Night Working Hard in the Yard

I bought a new post for the fence today and freaked out when I saw that one fence post is over $20! I couldn't believe it. 

I fixed the fence post by digging out the old rotted post but got tired a few feet down, so I ended up just cutting the top foot of the post off to finish it up. I was able to get it done and buried just after dark. 

In the dark, I was able to finish digging out a sprinkler and splitting it into two and buried the second sprinkler. I was a few feet short to finish the other sprinkler I had worked on this week, so I will have to finish that tomorrow. I also dug up two other sprinklers that aren't working well. 

I was able to put a new sprinkler in one of those spots but the neighbors dog started barking at me. I had no idea what time it was, but knew that I didn't want to disturb the neighbors. Also, the big lights in the back yard could bother them as well, so I figured I had better finish for the night. When I looked at the clock after going in, it was a few minutes after midnight. 

It was so nice and cool to be working outside. I just can't do it in the heat of the day, so I am grateful that I  live in a safe place to be able to work outside at night. 

I feel so blessed to have a yard and to be able to have the funds and energy to fix thing and keep them in working order.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment