Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Monkeying Around In The Yard

I have been working in the yard at night when the sun in almost down as I don't do well working in the heat and we have had a long running heat wave. 

I helped a neighbor clean out her yard and she had a swing set with monkey bars in the center and said she wanted it out of her field so I dug it out and brought it to my yard. I had to move the edges of the garden area out so that I could fit the monkey bars in garden area as I don't want to garden anymore. 

I was able to finish putting up the wood edging and I finished the sprinklers last week. I then put down plastic over the grass to kill it. I put dirt and grass on top hoping the layers will keep the grass from growing. I then put down cardboard and then used the old trampoline tarp on top of that. 

I borrowed my neighbors hole digger and dug the holes. Because the metal hadn't been in cement, the bottom of one side was broken off, so I cut a piece of wood and was able to make a leg by inserting part into the leg and leaving some wider so that it would stand even with the other one. 

I got the ends buried and then got the bars going across up and then tightened the entire thing up. I then started putting the trampoline tarp around the legs and poured black bark on that area. 

I need to get more cardboard so I can finish off the area and I still have room for a few tomato plants if I want.  I can't wait to have it done and  when it is finished, It will be much easier to keep the weeds out as I have most areas landscaped now. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment