Monday, March 16, 2020

People Shopping Late at Night Hoping to Get the New Stock of Food - It Worked For Some

Check out my blog linked below to see pictures of the food in the isles. 

People were pulling cases out of the food stocking towers. It was like Jenga but with food! I was shocked at the empty shelves on Thursday March, 12, 2020.

I wanted salad and went to the store later at night on Saturday night hoping that maybe the crowded store would be less crowded and they would have been able to restock the empty shelves. I wasn't alone in that thought. They did have that one section of lettuce mix I use and was grateful for it. 

I took a loop around the store and left around 11 as I also purchased some batting for some t-shirt quilts I am working on while quarantined. I took this video at nearly 11 p.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2020. You can barely hear me on the video it was so loud and crowded. 

I tried to avoid getting people on camera but had to share how crazy empty the stores are in our little town. I think people are starting to realize how serious this is now that Italy is under lock down. Yesterday, they reported almost 400 deaths in one day. The largest death day so far in this pandemic. I don't believe it is anywhere near over for them, but hopefully, the rest of the world is taking notice! 


Here is a picture of the food in the isles waiting to be stocked on the shelves. People were pulling cases out of the food stocking towers. It was like Jenga but with food! People were asking all the stockers for items and they were doing their best to find the items. I thought they handled themselves well.

I was hoping to find some gluten free soups and gave up after about 30 seconds as it was more than I wanted to wait and so many people were looking for things. I figured I have enough at home and decided to go with what I have and hope that the crazy ends quickly and I can head out as needed if I run out. However, I have so much weird stuff stocked, I could probably make it a year without having to go out, but don't know if I would like having to eat all that food storage stuff. 

I think this experience will make people look a bit more at the way they buy food and what they have on hand as you just never know what will happen in the future. 

As I was checking out, there was a penny on the floor. I knew my Heavenly Father was letting me know that I need to "Trust in Him" as the coin states. I smiled on my way out and washed my hands and the coin with the hand sanitizing station as I did on the way in the store. 

I stopped at the other store in town on my way home and they had this note on the store door stating that they were closed to "clean" the store and would stock the shelves and be open in the morning. There were lines out into the parking lot at 9 a.m. the next morning. 

I hope you have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment