Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Fixing a Plaster or Drywall Chip - Ding - Dent - Small hole - Or Peeling Paint

I had a small leak in the ceiling in my laundry room. It started several months ago when the shower above that area had a crack in the base of the shower fiberglass surround. 

http://thesecretisgratitude.blogspot.com/2019/12/getting-fiberglass-shower-floor-fixed.htmlHere is the post about that.  I had hoped that I could glue the paint back, but part of the drywall chipped off and there was a spot that was depressed and I couldn't glue the paint back without there being a huge spot that would be obvious so I decided to fill the hole. 



I didn't have any plaster repair or drywall repair and didn't want to take the time to find a spatula in my garage so I went to the dollar tree dollar store and bought the plaster repair and spatula. I came home and easily filled the hole and then let it dry. 

It wasn't quite dry when I touched it, so I then used a bit more and smoothed the area and will share how I fixed the texture tomorrow. 

I was able to get the ceiling even for $2. It is the cheapest and easiest way to purchase the items even cheaper than Walmart, hardware stores, or home supply stores. 

I will share the finished post tomorrow. Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment