Friday, March 27, 2020

Quarantine Quilting Still Going On - Princess Three Life Quilt

Just over a year ago, I had Princess Three come and work on laying out her "life" quilt in the order she wanted it so I could work on a life T-Shirt quilt. I have done this for my girls, usually after they serve a mission. Princess Three chose not to serve a full time mission but has done many service missions. 

I kind of hounded her that I wanted to get this done and get some of the bins of t-shirts I have in storage made into quilts so I could move them out and make the quilts as they are usable and the t-shirts just take up space.
She was so good to lay it out and I had plans to get it done by Christmas last year. It didn't work as I had to clean it up when we had visitors, and I had to finish Princess Five's musical quilt. I also had promised my cousin that I would make her a "life quilt" and started to collect shirts for that two years ago this summer so I wanted to get those two quilts finished before starting this one for Princess Three. 

I finished both of the quilts I had started, so this week, I finally started on Princess Three's life quilt. It is slow going as I usually cut the pieces and then stitch them all together later. This time I wasn't sure I would finish the quilt before having to pick it up for company, so I have been cutting and sewing the squares at the same time which calls for lots of thread color changes and lots of cutting and pinning as some squares are made out of three shirts, or a sweat suit down into one square. 

I am about half finished with the cutting and sewing of the squares ,but haven't been feeling all that well the past few days, so it has been very slow going. The top picture is two of my favorite squares. One is the shirt and shorts from her soccer team, and the other is the dance team she was on for many years.

I am hoping to get it all cut by the weekend. Wish me luck! Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment