Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanksgiving Road Trip - Destination Closed

Since Princess Three had her friend join her for their visit, we decided that we would take a road trip for part of their stay. It has been so many years since we visited this place together that we thought it would be fun to go on a little road trip.

We checked online to make sure that the spots we wanted to visit were open and off we went. We were very sad after making the effort to visit places only to find that they were closed. I was just for leaving, but the girls wanted to get out and walk around. 

I shared as much as I remember from times I have visited. My father took us to the Fort over 20 years ago when it was an empty building missing doors. 

Now 20 years or so later, it is a bustling spot with a barn, many out buildings, gardens, and homes for the workers along with a cabin, blacksmith, ice house and more. 

Since we couldn't go in, we just had a fun time walking around and taking some pictures. I will share some today and some tomorrow as we had some great photos. 


It was just one stop on our trip, and even though we couldn't go in, we had fun. I wish they had updated the website due to Covid, but at least we got to spend time together! 

Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment