Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies - Like the Real Thing

I went to a friends for games the other day and she made these cookies knowing I am gluten free. I haven't had cookies in over a year and a half other than a few treats for family parties where several of us are gluten free. 

I couldn't believe when I tried her cookies. I think I remember her telling me about them last time I visited her but didn't get the recipe. 

It is probably a good thing I didn't get the recipe as they are SO GOOD!!! I couldn't tell they were gluten free. They taste just like real peanut butter cookies and I would place money on a bet that no one else could tell either.

Princess five ate at least half of the cookies commenting on how good they were. 

They only take four ingredients and total prep and cooking time is about 15 minutes depending on how fast your can measure peanut butter. 
 
Homemade Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe 


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda

Mix ingredients together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. 

They are moist and tasty. 


You can do some variations using the chocolate peanut butter, hazel nut butter (nutella), almond or cashew butter for those with peanut allergies. 

I think I have a new favorite cookie. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment