Monday, March 23, 2015

Easy Cheesy Asparagus Pasta


I'm so tired and have been working on something but don't want to take the time to post about it today so I am going to share an easy recipe we made the other day since we had so much asparagus as we got tons from an overage at the local food bank. 


Bring noodles to a boil. While they are cooking, about five minutes until they will be through cooking, throw in some chopped asparagus. It will steam the asparagus just enough that they have good flavor but doesn't have to get mushy as if you over boil asparagus, it goes a mushy texture. 
 
Once you have the noodles and asparagus cooked, drain the water and put back on the burner. You can purchase cream Alfredo sauce to use if you are in a hurry. If not in a hurry, you can put in sour cream, some cream cheese and add some shredded Parmesan cheese and some shredded Colby or mozzarella. The amount of cheese depends on how many noodles you cooked.

If you like spicy food, you can add a few shakes of sriracha sauce into the mix. Stir and taste once the mixture has had time enough to warm. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as we did. I did. 

I have fallen asleep over and over just to try and post this. Sleep-itis has taken over. I Hopefully, I will finish my project today and get it posted soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment