Monday, April 12, 2021

National Slow Looking Day At Museums - It Was A Great Day With Princess Two

I had to take a road trip through Princess Two's hometown this week. I called and asked if I could spend either the morning, or the evening with her. 

She said she had plans in the afternoon and may have plans in the evening, so I asked if I could take her to breakfast or lunch on my way through. I offered to go shopping for an hour or two as well as anything else she wanted to do. She sent me a link to an article about a national "slow look" museum day! 

I LOVE art and often stand in front of a painting studying the symbolism, strokes, painters mindset, and all the little details of the art. Here is a link to me visiting the Norman Rockwell exhibit. I have enjoyed the Carl Bloch exhibits they have had over the years there as well. 

I went to look at that link above and laughed when I saw that we had almost the exact photos and that when I got into the car to head on my road-trip, the odometer in the car was at 111.1 and didn't remember that it was the same when I drove up to the Normal Rockwell exhibit. There were so many similarities on this trip! What are the chances of that? Also we had the rainbow above us made out of string and it made me feel like my mother was with us as she LOVED Art, there was one painting in particular I know she would have loved. Also, I was able to visit her grave on this trip and was able to put some flowers on her grave, so I did feel her with me much of the day!

We loved the visit to the museum and since it was "Slow Looking Museum Day" they gave you a gift at the end of the day. We got a print of one of my favorite paintings ever! It is by Carl Bloch and is Christ Healing at the waters of Bethesda! I love that it shows Christ going to the absolute most pitiful person who is unable to do anything to help himself and Christ was not overlooking the least. Princess Two picked a card of another amazing print they had of an artwork there. They also gave out mini magnifying glasses.

I think the grandchildren are going to love the mini magnifying glass as I have a few "I-Spy" and "Wheres Waldo" books they can use it with! 

We then went to one of our favorite Thai food places for lunch. We visited as we haven't in a very long time. I haven't traveled much at all during Covid and have missed connecting with my girls. It was such a lovely day! I got a fortune that said, "A day without a smile is a day wasted." I believe that! 

I am forever laughing at myself as I do silly things at home and find things that others don't funny. Last week, we were playing a game around the campfire and my nephews wife was so funny in her hints to him and was overly obvious and I just started laughing until I was crying and no one else thought it was funny. I laughed and laughed and went into my trailer and kept laughing for a few more minutes by myself. I love to laugh and smile! 

I wish I had more time to spend with Princess Two, but feel that we used our time together well! I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful person in my family! She is a one of a kind person! I would have a huge hole in my life if she weren't in it! 

I hope you are so blessed to have someone in your life that brings God's light into it!! She really is a light to the world and I am grateful I can call her mine! 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment