Thursday, April 29, 2021

Blessed With Good Friends - Feeling Better

I blogged early yesterday but got so tired that I guess I forgot to hit post. I went to bed mid day and woke at 11:30 p.m. I forgot that I didn't post or write in my journal. I stayed in bed and was able to get back to sleep for a few hours. However, both times I was able to get into a deep sleep, I had nightmares. 

One of the nightmares was my youngest grandson and he somehow had climbed into a crawl space attic and fell through the ceiling and was saved by one of my brothers and ended up being OK, but it made me stressed enough to wake up. 

The second one was one of my best friends was watching a neighbors house and saw some robbers going in and she confronted them and they took her in the house and were four of them. In the dream, I was running around to all the neighbors in a rural area trying to get someone to help her. I woke up super stressed! 

I am grateful that I was able to get some sleep finally more than ten minutes at a time, but still wonder how much energy I can have getting little or bad sleep. 

I had enough energy when I got out of bed at 1 p.m. today to wash all the bedding, shower, and put a fan in the door and opened the windows and tried to air out the house so it was nice for a few hours to be able to feel good enough to get that done. 

I had one of my dearest friends text asking if she could do anything to help me and I was grateful for her offer as I had all my tax stuff together and had ordered ink for my printer. They came, I printed the information and that night I figured I had Covid, so the tax stuff has been sitting on my counter for days and I need to get it done. I asked if she would be willing to drop it off at the accountants for me. 

She asked if I needed any groceries and I was so glad that I had purchased extra food the other day when I just felt I should. I usually go to the store every day or two and pick up ripe bananas as I won't eat them if they start turning brown at all. 

I also have craved cool food due to my throat being on fire, so mint ice cream as it opened op the tight chest. I know dairy products are not good as they create mucous but it felt so good on my throat and chest. 

I mentioned maybe three bananas and a half gallon of mint chip ice cream, and being the kind people they are, she and her husband dropped off the tax information and brought twice as much of the bananas and ice cream for me. 

I ate on of the bananas immediately and didn't realize how much I enjoy eating one each day as I haven't had one in a week or so. It was so nice of them to do that for me. I feel grateful that my girls have been checking up on me and several friends asked if they could do anything but Julie has asked how I was doing a few times and offered to help me. I have mentioned her a few times over the years but just really love her so much. She was the first person to come up and introduce herself at church when we moved to this town and stayed with my father before we could find a home. She is just that type of person! 

She is really one of my best friends of life! We were able to work together in our woman's group leadership for a few years as well. I am so blessed!

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment