Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cleaning Super Glue and Screen Printing / Paint Screening Off Glass or Metal

I found a super cute Pink Castle Princess Glass Frame. I found it at a second hand store, and it was marked $1.50. It was missing one of four diamond gems. 


I asked them if they would mark it down to $1 since it was missing one gem. They marked it down for me. I knew I could fix it up, and there was screen printing on the front of it that said, "Little Princess" at the bottom. 
I have plans on making a Princess T-shirt quilt. I have been collecting the shirts to make the quilt for a few years now when I find a cute one. What little girl wouldn't like that quilt on her bed? 

I made a video of how I use fingernail polish remover / acetone to remove the silk screening paint words printed on the front of the frame on the bottom. I hadn't used my camera in a few day, and the battery was dead, but I hoped I had enough battery to finish the video. 

The camera died mid video, and I have lost videos in the past that way, so I plugged in the camera and started another video. I had already taken the paint off in the first video, so after the camera was charged enough, I found that the first video had saved. 

I decided to use both videos as on the first I talk about the paint, and on the second, I show how to get super glue residue off the glass as well using the same acetone. 

Make sure if you are going to do this, that you wear gloves. If there is much glue residue on your project, you may need to soak it a bit but use your nails to pry it up if there is a chunk. You can use a Q-tip, or a cotton ball, but if it is a small project, you don't want a huge wet cotton ball, so just pour a little acetone on, and try it with less first, before getting more so you don't drip.

I was able to get the glue and paint of rather quickly minus the camera issues. Hopefully, between both of the videos, the point will be clear. I have several posts and videos on doing this with several different types of items. So, you can see those on YouTube or type in "Removing paint" into the search box at the bottom of the home page on my blog. 

Have a blessed day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment