Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Frisbee / Disc Golf - New Activity

Princess Fives boyfriend's family are avid Disc Gold players. They each have their own special discs that they play with and they have little carry bags and some have up to 8 different discs that they use to get different throws. 

I am actually good at throwing a Frisbee, but the discs are heavier and drop faster.  They taught me to throw the heavier discs, but they kept hitting my middle finger knuckle. I almost got a blister and had to change how I throw. I ended up holding it differently than how I would a Frisbee, and after two rounds, I was starting to get the hang of it with the lighter discs.

Princess Five is quite good and has her favorite discs and her own bag to carry them. She is really cute doing a grape vine step wind up. 

I was consistently double par on each hole but for my first time, that wasn't all bad. There is a bit of a learning curve. 

I also liked that we went late enough that it was cool in the evening so it wasn't so hot while playing. 

I would do it again and think the grandchildren would enjoy playing. 

There are courses all over the place and apps that you can look up different courses. I didn't know it was such a big thing. Now I do. It is a fun activity and I think people of any age would enjoy it!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment