Friday, June 10, 2022

Bumper Crop of Cherries, Not Much Else On My Fruit Trees

I had some help cutting down two fruit trees last year from Princess Three and her husband. The trees weren't producing for years, so I figured cutting them down and putting in trees that will produce would be better. 

I was in the yard working yesterday pruning down my lilacs as the leaves get into my gutter if I don't prune them down before the leaves fall. I pruned my back shrubs as well, and was walking around the yard and checking out the fruit on the trees. 

I couldn't believe how many cherries are on my cherry tree. One branch was so overloaded that the branch looks like it may break. 

I was sad to see that the hot and cold weather we had this spring had killed off many blossoms and other than a few branches on the multiple apple tree in my front yard, there wasn't maybe 20 pieces of fruit on the other trees. 

There were no peaches on the peach tree so the frost affected it the most, but it is also the smallest tree. 

I won't be dehydrating any fruit this year as there aren't enough on any tree. I look forward to enjoying the fruit that has survived, but am sad I won't be able to share as I usually deliver some to the neighbors. 

I also wanted to plant a few new fruit trees, but it has been so hot and cold that I didn't dig out the stumps enough to plant new trees. I need to burn them down or cut them out but will wait until it is a cooler day. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment