Monday, February 28, 2022

14 Karat Gold Pin and Sterling Necklace in a $10 bag

 

I am so excited that there are two new people working at the local thrift store! I have talked to both women and last week twice, they brought out jewelry while I was there and both asked me if I would like to look at the bags of jewelry before they put them in the display case. 

One lady asked me specifically what I like and am looking for and said she could bag them all differently and asked my opinion on how they could be bagged to work for the store as lots of the bags hadn't sold. 

I shared that the watches and sea shell lays have been bagged individually by group in the past so that people who are looking for watches will buy them. I also shared that the larger bags are now half what they used to be for the same price so I would love if they would fill up the bags a bit more. 

Every bag there had al least one piece of silver, but I don't want to pay $25 for one piece of silver, however, they had one smaller bag for $10 which had a silver necklace wrapped around several pins and there were some Disney pins and Olympic pins so I figured for the $10 I could sell some of the pins and then the silver itself was worth $10. Its a nice heavy chain. 

I did see a pin in my quick look that looked to be gold, but I didn't have time to get into the bag at the store. When I got to that pin, the clasp wasn't expensive so I thought maybe it was gold filled. But, it is 14 Karat gold. I had to do some studying up on the pin. It is a men's organization out of CA. 

I couldn't find another like it anywhere on any search and by the clasp, I think it is quite old. So, the bag was really worth the $10 I paid. 

I am so happy that things are starting to look up on the jewelry front. I was also able to get 2 silver bracelets and some large silver clip on earrings at the other thrift store in town for $0.50 each. All good buys. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment