Friday, December 3, 2021

Catch 21 By Hi-Q Fun Puzzle for One

I collect vintage games. I found one the other day that I don't remember as a child. It seems like there is a hint of seeing it way back at some point, but I don't thing I ever played it as a child. It is called "Catch 21" by Gabriel HI-Q. 


It is a domino looking type puzzle, where you have to match tiles with holes to fit onto their puzzle board. I thought I would buy this game and give it a try as it was only $0.75 and most of the games that I buy are usually for more than one person, so I was really happy to find a game that I could do myself but that wouldn't take me hours to figure out. 

If I do a puzzle, I can't seem to stop until it is finished. I think it is that I like to finish projects or they are on my mental "list" so I just want it done so I can take it off the "list." It is a fun game / puzzle and it has 2 sides so you can flip it over and try a different puzzle all together. 

I had a funny experience thought. I was doing it in my recliner and dumped out all the puzzle pieces so I could do the other side. I started doing it and realized I was missing one piece. I got out of the chair, looked inside the chair, under the chair, around the chair, and couldn't find the piece anywhere. I shook out my lap blanket, checked the pockets on my sweatshirt and pants, and couldn't find it anywhere. After 10 minutes or so, I finally had the thought to look on the bottom puzzle and see if it was stuck inside the puzzle, which it was! 

I thought I would share that just in case you have the same situation. ha ha I think my grandchildren will really like this puzzle and they are younger, but they LOVE puzzles and have been doing 300 to 500 piece puzzles since age 3, so it will be great to see them take this on. It was fun for me to do, but wasn't something that took all night. 

It took maybe 30 minutes while I was watching a show, so something fun to do but not frustrating and hard. I think it is worth doing and perhaps you could make it into a game timing everyone doing it and give a prize to the person who was able to do it the fastest. Just a fun thing all around. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment