Thursday, December 2, 2021

A Journey of Vintage Toys

I have been finally getting to listing some things I have had in the garage for years on eBay. Trying to clean out the garage has been a several year process that is still going on and won't probably be finished anytime soon. 

I at least now have shelving in the garage that I can stack the stuff for sale on shelves so I can get to each box. In the past, they were stacked in banana boxes six or seven high where I would have to take down all the boxes off to get into a specific box. 

I now have them all labeled on shelves so I can just pull a box out and get to the item that sells or that I want to list. I started with the larger items that are taking up the most space. I was able to sell a larger and heavy juicer, and decided to list some vintage toys that take up space as sets so that I can hopefully move the larger stuff out and then get to the smaller items. 

Today, I sold some vintage apothecary hand blown milk glass jars in a set of four sizes with 11 jars. It is also a larger box. It is wonderful that I am finally selling these items that have been in the garage for awhile now. Of course, the juicer and jars weren't out there as long as these vintage toys, but I am just happy to be selling things and cleaning out!

I was able to finally pull these toys out of the boxes and take some pictures and both sets had multiple "sets" in them.

The micro-machine set had the "tool box" city set with five extra world sets and about 30 cars as well as the micro-machine van city. I loved that it has two cars that the bottom snaps open and there are even smaller mini cars inside the micro machine cars. They all work as well! 

There were so many parts to the sets so I hope the buyer is happy with the set.  I also sold a vintage Christmas book today.

The Hot Wheels car set was a city set, with police station, garage / shop, and roads, along with a train set. I almost wanted to keep this set as I do have some vintage Hot Wheel tracks to go around the house and thought that the set is fun with the train included, but I would rather have the space and the cash, so I decided to let it go. 

I feel very blessed to be able to get these things out and also found some other not as vintage but still older toy sets that I listed locally as well hoping they would sell before Christmas. 

It is fun to remember these toys from my younger brother playing with them while growing up. Micro-Machines are a bit after my time but he enjoyed them. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment