Friday, December 10, 2021

A Golden Pearl of a Find - 14 K Golden Pearl Necklace for $0.50

I have had a long day but wanted to share about my latest find. As I have shared many times over this past year, the thrift store where I would get my jewelry bags is now a bust with the new person working there. 


The only joy in jewelry finding lately has been the smaller thrift store that opened up this year. They don't get much jewelry, but they price it individually and the most I have seen on any item is $2. 

I have gotten some lovely silver pieces there but this week I hope I hit the jackpot. I noticed they had some new jewelry and they said one woman came in and bought 20 pieces of jewelry before I came in, so I didn't  think there would be much of value left. However, they had one piece that I normally wouldn't have looked at as it is colored pearls. I thought it was fake and had been sprayed gold. 

I saw the clasp when moving it and thought I saw some markings. I got my loop out and could clearly see it was 14 K on the clasp. I went ahead and purchased it thinking it wouldn't be much due to the color and brought it home. 

I was going to let Princess Four wear it in her play as a piece of costume jewelry but thought I had better look it up as the clasp is a security clasp and is 14 karat gold, so they don't put that on cheap jewelry. 

I tried looking up yellow pearls, but didn't have much luck, I then put in "golden" pearls and found that anything of that color sells for quite a bit. 


I then noticed that there was other markings on the claps on the side and when I looked up those markings, it is the hallmark of the International Pearl company that sells high end pearls. 

I was so excited that it may be worth something and think it would be really beautiful of some of my girls with their long necks. 

It is nice that there is a place in town that I can still get some fun jewelry as that is one of my favorite things to do, is find and wear some fun jewelry. 

What are your favorite things to find? I hope you find it soon! 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment