Monday, December 27, 2021

Book Journals - Fun Idea Part 1

A few weeks back, I took a road trip with one of my best friends from town. We went to a fair that was a German themed.

At one of the booths, I saw something I thought was adorable. Someone had taken a bunch of books from thrift stores or yard sales, and cut the binding off, and then added blank pages in between every few pages of the book to turn the book into a journal, diary, or a notebook. The books were ones that my girls would like, so I thought about purchasing them until I saw the prices. They were over $30 each.

I wondered if my girls would actually use the books if I made them, and when we did a road trip to visit Princess Four at her new office, she had this cute notebook on her desk, so it was at that point I decided to go ahead and try to make them. I pondered on if I could make them myself and called around to many different places as the bindings on the books were decorative. I looked online and couldn't find the exact bindings. I called different places and started shopping at all sorts of thrift stores. I went to six different thrift stores and found quite a few books that would work for my girls as I asked them their favorite top three children's books and their top three teen books. 

There were some of their favorite books that I had at home, so I did use some of the thrift books as well. I decided to just go with the bindings that our local printing shop has which are the black and white spiral bindings. 

I dropped them off and was told to come back the next day and they would be done. When I got there after five, he had cut one and put the binding holes in the wrong side of the book. I then reminded him that we needed to put the plain white papers in and they needed to be cut at the same time as the bindings. So, I stayed and helped him cut / organized the papers with the books to be cut and then brought them home to put the plain paper in between the pages of the books. 


This was on a Friday, so I brought the books home and spent the evening placing the paper in the books. 

I will do another post showing how I bound them and how they turned out and me giving them to the girls. Stay tuned for part 2.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment