Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Fixing and Replacing the Fabric at the Back of My Air Med Duluxe 8000 Massage Chair

I got a massage chair for $20 a few years back that wasn't working at a second hand store. It cost almost $400 to get a new transformer for it and replace it. 

It was working will for a little while, and then the fabric at the back of the chair started ripping and several times over the past year I stitched the rips and then when that didn't work, I put in patches of similar fabric in and stitched those up. 

I tried several times and each time, the rips would open back up and the fabric pieces would get stuck in the winding mechanism of the chair. 

I would have to cut the fabric out and try to figure out another way to fix the problem. 

For many months, I used the chair with the rips in it and the front fabric of the chair started to get stuck in the rollers. You would have to pull it down and make sure it was BELOW the rollers so it wouldn't get stuck and caught in the rollers. 

I finally was able to find a large piece of similar fabric at the second hand store and cut out the ripped fabric and then used a staple gun to replace the fabric so that the rollers and mechanisms wouldn't get stuck into the fabric and front fabric of the chair. 
It has worked fairly well since I got the new fabric in and only once or twice the front section has come up but I haven't had any other problems with the fabric since fixing it a few months back. 

It has been really nice having it working again. I made a video of the process in case anyone else is having this problem. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment