Thursday, August 20, 2020

Up All Night - Want to Be Done with Phone and Car Issues



I want to start by saying I am SO grateful that all my girls have cars and phones. With that, in the past few months, four of our five cars have been to my WONDERFUL mechanic. He is SO good to get them in and work on them. I am SO grateful to have him. Yet, it is hard to always have some issue going on with one of the cars. In fact, I texted him the day Princess Four was driving down and told him how grateful I was that he is so good to get our cars in working order and I don't have to worry about them when they are driving home because he keeps them running so well. Within a few hours of me texting him that, I had to call him. He told me I jinxed myself! ha ha 

I literally went out to help the girls bring their belongings in and hadn't left the door of the car when Princess Four reminded me that someone that looked at her car for a flat tire told her she needed rear brakes. I laughed as I contacted my mechanic to see if he could work on her car. He told me to take it over. 

Princess Four also has the oldest cell phone along with the oldest car. I bought her a newer phone that is exactly the same phone that I got Princess Five used. Somehow, in all the months it took to get things switched over, the battery on her newer phone isn't holding a charge now. We struggled getting it unlocked as some phone companies are harder to deal with than others. 

We finally got it unlocked when we realized there was an issue with the battery. She doesn't want to put money into a new battery. I understand that, but don't want to spend a few hundred dollars on the exact phone, so I pulled out a phone I used for a few days before getting my newer iPhone. 

When I went to the phone store, I asked the worker three times to program her number into the newer SIM card and he said I didn't need to have it programed. Well, after being up much of the night trying to figure out how to "self program" the new SIM, it would NOT let us program it, so we will head to the local phone store for the fourth time over the new phone issues for her. 

She is headed back to her apartment that she needs to move out of by the end of the week. She is still trying to figure out where to go as she still hasn't found a job that she feels good about. She is struggling to know where to go as she wants to move closer to Princess Two where there are two larger universities where she can have more of a social life. 

It will be a SUPER busy week for us as Princess Five is also moving to school this week. We have been packing up food, clothes, and other necessities as well as washing and mending everything so she will be all set when she moves in for school. 

Be patient with us as I am not sure how much time I will have to post. 

Stay safe and have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment