Thursday, August 27, 2020

How To Get a Straight Talk PrePaid Cell or Older Phone To Work On Verizon

I was told by VERIZON that I couldn't use this Straight Talk phone on our Verizon plan. They said they used different systems. I found that odd because I have purchased and used Straight Talk phones many times over the years and used them on the Verizon Plan I currently have. 

Instead of listening to the workers of the Verizon stores, I started to do some research on the apple iphone online. It only took me a few seconds to find that there are ways to do a "work around" the Verizon policy. Basically, they don't "support" older phones and like to sell you newer phones to use on the network. 



A few years back, the worker told me that I just needed to activate a newer phone that had the same type of SIM card (3G or 4G) and once the phone number you want to use is active on a working phone, you can then take the working SIM card out and put it into the older phone as long as the SIM is the same, as in a 4G phone into a 4G phone.

I activated a Samsung phone I used for a short time, and was able to get it going on one of the kids phone number, and then I took the SIM out of the Samsung and put it into the PREPAY iphone and it activated on the Verizon network with her phone number and I was able to make and receive calls on her number on the iPhone. 

You may have to contact the PREPAY company and get the phone unlocked. I did that earlier with a phone call to Straight Talk.

The worker at one of the local Verizon stores suggested that there is a work around for the year requirement for most prepay companies by paying all but a few dollars off on the prepay phone you purchase, and then after a week or so, you can pay the entire thing off and they will then unlock the phone for you.

Once the phone is unlocked, you can use this method to get it working on the Verizon network. Hopefully this method will work for you as it has for us! Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment