Friday, August 7, 2020

Field of Weed Seeds

I am running late posting today due to being up all night working on a project I have been working on for months. I have a time frame that I need to get it finished, so am working hard to finish it.

I thought I would share a quick post. I have a field next door that is full of weeds. It has been such a problem with my grass. The wind blows from that side of the house and due to that, I always have weed seeds blowing into my yard. The original owners were great at keeping the weeds down, but there has always been some weed seed issues. The house was empty for a year and the new family is young and are trying to keep them down. 

I have spent years putting up decorative bricks trying to border my grass but with the wind we get, the weeds blow into the yard and the brick did keep out the creeping weeds. I am frustrated as the owners mowed the lot which I was happy about, but they didn't bag the weeds and then we had two days of wind storms. 

I went to poison the grass and almost started crying. I spent ten years getting those poke weeds out of my grass and there are more poke weeds in my yard than grass. I poisoned the grass, but the poke weeds don't die with the poison, and I doubt I will ever be able to get rid of the poke weeds as long as that field stays a field. 

 I went and bought two more bottles of weed poison trying to get rid of them and hope I can get the grass sprayed this week. Those are the worst weeds I can have in my yard and the only green thing in my grass is hundreds of thousands of those weeds all over my yard. It has been the worst issue I have had with my yard. 

I hope I can get a decent yard at some point. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment