Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I'm Tote ally Frustrated

Princess Five has been going through her stuff for college. I pulled it all in from the garage and Princess Five went through them all today. 

When she packed them up to go on her 18 month mission, we took out anything that may melt in a hot garage and we gave all her food to Princess Four to use because she had returned from her mission to Japan and was headed to college and Princess Five was putting her stuff in storage due to graduating with her Associates degree and headed on a mission for 18 months. 

Since her sister took all her food and some of her cleaning supplies and other things, Princess Fives belonging were being stored, her sister took stacking totes that her stuff was in. Princess Five packed her stuff in larger totes or banana boxes for storage. 

Since she will be sharing her college dorm room with a roommate, she will have less space for her stuff and will need to be able to stack her totes for storage. She wouldn't be able to carry it all in boxes or when she needs to move for the summer or change housing maybe for next year, she would have to scrounge up boxes and if she doesn't have the right sized boxes, they all won't fit in her car.  

I went through the house and garage and collected all the empty totes that I could find and all the spare lids. I then spent some time trying to put the lids I found on the totes I found. 

I also am cleaning out my bathroom cupboards and am going through my first aid stuff and emergency preparedness stuff. I went out and purchased a set of four totes that I was going to use to put different medical stuff in and stack it in those cupboards making it easy to find the different things when needed. 

I then remembered that I had purchased some tote / drawers and thought that I should use those and that way I can just remove the drawer and not have to shuffle totes around. After all that searching, I was so frustrated that I had five clear totes with three lids, about 7 dark totes with one lid, five totes with two lids and about 6 odd shaped totes with lids but they wouldn't stack well. 

 I think she will need to pick one type of tote and I will need to get more of the same type of totes. The other girls have all taken the clear totes so they could stack them in a closet and put their shoes in them and when they would move, they would have that stack of totes. 

I think I need to start over and just get one type of tote as it is really frustrating to have so many different types and so many extra lids / bottoms that don't match. 

I have an uncle who did just that. He started using the totes with the lids that open down the center and flip to the sides. They stack and are sturdy and they are what stores use for products. I wish I had the funds to just purchase a ton of those as they stack well and don't collapse when stacked. 

Silly post but I thought the title was cute. I am "TOTE" ally frustrated with the stacks of totes all over. 

Have a "Tote"ally blessed and safe day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment