Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Fixing Scratches, Dents, and Dings on Furniture Legs - Arms - Wood

Yesterday, Princess Five and I worked on fixing a couch I have. We decided to make a few posts on how we did that. 

Today, I wanted to share how we fixed up the legs on that couch. We unscrewed the legs taking them off and Princess Five tried using Old English Dark Furniture Polish them, but the color wasn't taking and the scratches and dents were visible.

I pulled out the Sharpie Markers that I love to use, and we tried all the brownish Sharpie colors and tried them each on the base legs on the couch. By coloring the scratches using the closest matching color Sharpie pens, we were able to cover the scratches, and by using the pens on the scratches, and then rubbing over the wet Sharpie with a dry finger, we were able to match it near perfectly. 

When you rub your finger over the Sharpie, it will blend the ink into the wood creating a type of wood stain. Make sure you don't use this method unless you try it on something you don't care about or that you can test first. It can leave permanent stains on anything you use it on. 

I have used this method for many years and have shared many posts about using this in many different ways. As I was making the video today, I had Princess Five helping me do this to the couch legs, and thought I had shown her how to do this, but when I shared it on the video, I showed Princess Five how to do this today, and she seemed shocked, so I guess I have shown my other girls, but not her. 

I was VERY happy with how the legs of the couch looked once we finished using Sharpie on them. I will share tomorrow how we fixed the couch we worked on. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment