Monday, February 9, 2015

Washing and Cleaning Old Plastic or Dirty Plastics

Over the holiday, Princess One found and old Bosch mixer at a second hand store for around $35. 

It had most of the main parts and the motor was in good shape. She was so excited about her buy that she brought it into the house to show me. It was older and with time, many plastics get dark with age or grime that doesn't come off with just dish soap. 
 
I shared with her my favorite plastic cleaner. Totally Awesome cleaner that you can get at the dollar store is it! 

I have used this on most of my plastic toys over the years to clean them before giving them to the next child in line. It cleans off all the dark spots from time and use. Here is a post where I show using it on a puppet and the Barbies.
 
To show Princess how it works, I took the spray and let it drip down the side and sit for a few minutes.   

I took a few pictures and one was with the flash and the other without but you can see if you look how just letting it drip cleaned it. I didn't need to scrub it. 


It also did the plug and cord as well which were yellowed as well. 

The picture at the top is it after being cleaned.

I was able to give her a few parts she was missing as I always keep my eyes open for parts for Bosch mixers at the second hand stores as they are quite expensive new. 


It is great that she found one so cheap as this type of unit is about $400 new. 

I found another unit a few weeks later also. It is a blessing to have them as they are good for most kitchen chores. Now all I need to find is a few blenders as they were both missing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment