Thursday, July 29, 2021

What a Day - Blessings Abound and I am EXAHUSTED

I ran into a worker from the local food bank where I am on the board. He said they had large amounts of apples and carrots in 50 lbs bags that they can't give out fast enough. 

I went down after closing as they were busy today, and I filled my car with 15 cases of apples and four, fifty pound bags of carrots to distribute. 

I distributed from just before 5 p.m. until arriving home at 9 p.m. They had 1 pallet taller than me and more on a second pallet. 

While distributing, I had a distinct feeling I should stop at a certain home. I went to the door and asked if she would like some and noticed tears in her eyes. While walking to the car to show her what I had, I noticed a penny in the grass. Because it has "God's" name on it, I always pick them up as if our flag shouldn't be on the ground out of respect, neither should our Lord's name. It is always on HIS errand, or when I am under great amounts of stress that I find money. I feel it is HIS way of reminding me to Trust HIM when I am in the MOST need of HIM.

That friend confided in me she has been struggling for a few weeks with great issues in her life and was at her whits end just before I stopped. She had been praying when I came. I told her about my "stress vitamin therapy" that is on my home page on the left side. Here is a link to that page. I felt that is what she needed as I have been there a few times during my divorce where I was at the bottom feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. I share on several posts in the past how there were a few days where I was just at bottom and my mother called and reminded me to take my vitamins and made me promise to take niacinamide and so I went out and found some to take. I felt great in about an hour. When we are under stress, we need B vitamins. Anyway, I shared that with her and felt God had me go so I could help her. 

I was waiting for someone to come to the door at another home, I looked up and saw a really beautiful cloud formation so I took a picture. I am so grateful for my eyes.

It was so hot and I was dripping sweat and purple in the face and another couple donated a drink and other generous items to my distribution today. I have a couple that are both very ill and I was able to catch up on how they were doing. Another couple lost a child recently, and I was able to ask how they were doing. Another family I hadn't seen at church recently, so I invited him to come and asked them to please sing as since COVID, people aren't singing and I feel like I am singing a solo each time we sing a hymn. He said he would come. 

I kept some apples and carrots to use at the family reunion and feel so blessed that the food bank has been such a source of blessing in my life for 18+ years! 

I haven't had much sleep trying to prepare for the wedding and reunion, but I know they will be good and are both such joyous events, that I hope to be able to get enough sleep to enjoy them without being tired. I feel very blessed. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment