Thursday, July 22, 2021

Wedding Shower Number Three - Meeting The Grooms Family

We had the last shower this past weekend! I got up really early and on my way through her town, picked up Princess Two. We drove to the city where Princess Three lives, and got there just in time to drop all our stuff off where were would be staying with Princess Three's housemates. 

We then went to the shower and met everyone. It was so nice to finally get to meet the women in her fiance's life. The sister-in-laws planned a "Citrus or lemon" shower. Both of her in-laws recently had babies and I held a baby for most of the time which was heavenly! 

His sister-in-laws were adorable, and it was so hot outside as our local shower was. I wish I could still be a "outdoor at 100-degree" people. 

A funny thing happened while we were visiting. Her fiance has two sister-in-laws. 

They were telling me that they had 4 things in common, but my daughter only had one of the four things in common. They both met their husbands while serving as missionaries. They both have a sister named Jana. They are all older than their spouses. And, their father’s birthday is December 5th. I said, “Princess Threes dad’s birthday is December 5th!"

They all screamed and got excited saying she fits into the family perfectly! It is so sad to me that my daughter had no idea when her father’s birthday is. He has been out of her life for so many year, why would she know it? It made me think how little my girls really know about their father as the youngest was in diapers when we separated. 

It was so cute how excited the in-laws are about having my daughter in their family. I am glad she has people that are excited to be in her life and willing to do anything they can to make her shower wonderful and enjoy spending time with her. It has to be healing to her soul! 

My sister-in-law lives near her and knows the grooms family, so she and one of her daughters showed up, and we had a great visit. Also, Princess Two used to live in that area and worked there for years. She had an old coworker that knows the family show up and was so complimentary of Princess Two. 

After cleaning up, we asked my brothers family if they wanted to join us for sushi, and we all met up for a sushi dinner and it was good to visit with my brother that I don't get to see often. 

I didn't get to spend much time with the grooms mother much as she was being a good hostess, but the next day we were able to visit and I will share about that later. 

It was a good weekend. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment