Friday, July 30, 2021

Getting to Know The In-Laws At The Lake

We had a fun day last week where the grooms family invited us to their lake house so we could get to know them. 

They own a duplex that the grandparents bought, and then eventually, the other side of the duplex owners needed to sell so they were able to get both sides of the duplex with a fun in-between deck. 

Of course, with the drought, the water was super low and we had to walk a ways to get to the lake, but in other years, I am sure it is high and right behind the house. 

Their family gets together there regularly and has traditions there. They have boats and fun water toys, a rolling dock, their own boat ramp, a fire pit, swings, and I wasn't feeling well so I didn't explore in the few hours we were there. 

It was a steep canyon drive to the lake and I was fighting a migraine before we even left for the lake so the first seconds in the house were to release the pressure by visiting the white throne. ha ha. Here is a post about my sinus migraines and what I take to help with them.

After that visit, I had to take more medication in hopes I could get feeling better before the return trip over the mountain pass so I wouldn't have that build up of pressure again.   

The girls played games with the new family members and I had a really good visit with one of Princess Three's new sister-in-laws. She is adorable and has a few kids and sadly, since our visit, her mother passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack. It was a shock to the family and I have said a little prayer often as if you remember, my daughter Princess one lost her mother-in-law in the same way just a few months ago. It makes me a bit nervous for my own health as I am not in the best of shape as you all know. We wish the best for their family. 

I thought of all the times we will be seeing the grooms parents in the next many years. Baby births, baptisms, and special milestones that mark passages of time. It was like I was looking many years into the future at each event and how the couple will change as time passes, and what their golden years will be like.

It was fun seeing this little passage of time of their lives going forward. I hope it truly is the vision of happiness I imagined. 

It was nice of his family to open up their family cabin / lake house to let us enjoy a bit of their world and get to know them better. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment