Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Making Two Stud Earrings into Dangling Pierced Earrings

I am working on getting things organized for Princess Five to be in another local pageant. 


I shared in another post that I am not much into pageants. Here is a link to that post. 

We have rethought her outfits for the pageant and have gone with almost all new outfits. What looked good close up did not look good on stage each time so we have been trying out different styles and I have remade her evening gown many times.

I have been up for several nights working on the dresses and still have some ironing to do on one, I think I have finished her "Business" outfit, but I am still working on the evening gown. 

I tried to sew the dresses using the machine but it just looks better hand sewn so I spent the night hand sewing things and unpicking other things that I did sew on the machine that just look wrong.  
 
I am sure I will figure it out and all will be great but I will be VERY happy when this is all over. 

I still haven't put away the quilt stuff from the Christmas quilts I made for two of the girls. Between my mom living here, passing, cleaning out her house, the end of school events, the first pageant, sewing for the first pageant, trying to catch up on the yard, and different camps for Princess, not much is getting done in my basement mess. 

For her evening gown, Princess Five is wearing a grey dress and we have a beautiful flower necklace that looks wonderful with it. She wants earrings to match and had two different ones that could work but really wanted bigger and more matching to the necklace. 
 
Basically, I just drilled a hole into the bottom of the more plain flower and used a jump ring off an extra earring that I had to attach the one flower to the one I drilled. I made two different options for her. I put a dangling hoop in the center on one and then just the jump ring on the other so she can choose which she likes better and I can fix the other to match. 

Also, the fun thing about these earrings is that she can choose if she wants the large filigree flower at the top or the smaller silver flower. Until she chooses, I just didn't remove the stem off either. Once I know which she chooses, I can use wire cutters to take off the stem of the one at the bottom .
 
There are so many ways to be able to make earrings into something else. It is going to match well. I'll have to remember to take a picture of them at the pageant to show you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment