Tuesday, April 19, 2016

One Call Away - Not Alone

I am heading to another city to clean out my mothers apartment and help with the funeral. I had a rough day as I was up all night helping one of the girls with a problem and for the third night in a row had about 3 hours of sleep. I am exhausted and moody. I have many things I need to pack up and take for the funeral and need to make a picture slideshow so it is after 3 a.m. and I haven't cleaned off my sd cards or started the slideshow. 
 
I was talking to someone today and they were tired and grumpy as well and said something to push me away so they could do what they wanted to do and it put me on the verge of crying again about my mom being gone and so much on my plate. 

I had the police show up at my door a "someone" complained that I had my car parked in my driveway but it was sticking over the sidewalk in front of my house! "Someone must be feeling out of control to need to take that much control over someones yard. I spoke to my neighbors to explain why now my cars will be parked in the street! One would think that they would like the cars in the driveway rather than on the street and since I live on a dead end street, no one uses our sidewalks now that our long boarder has moved away. Actually, the police officer looked rather embarrassed about the entire thing.   
 
I got in Princess Five's car to move it out on the street and this song started playing just as I was turning the car on. I started crying immediately. I was feeling alone and the song let me know that I am NOT alone! 

I have never heard this song before. It isn't something I would hear on the stations I get because the radio in the kitchen doesn't get stations anymore and the radio in the car I am driving turns on and off at will. So, the only way I would have heard it is by being in Princess Five's car. 

Isn't God funny that he would use sending the police to my door to get me in the car to hear a song he wanted me to hear! 

It is called "One Call" by Charlie Puth. Here are the lyrics.
I'm only one call away I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away1
Call me, baby, if you need a friend
I just wanna give you love
Come on, come on, come on
Reaching out to you, so take a chance
No matter where you go
You know you're not alone
I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away
Come along with me and don't be scared
I just wanna set you free
Come on, come on, come one
You and me can make it anywhere
For now, we can stay here for a while, ay
'Cause you know, I just wanna see you smile
No matter where you go
You know you're not alone
I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away
And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long, Darling
And when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms
I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one, I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away
I'm only one call away
 
I laughed later thinking how appropriate the song was for me. We have always joked that I am waiting for "superman" and the girls bought me a build-a-bear monkey and dressed it like superman until I meet my "superman." Here is a post where I show "super moneky"
 
My sister used to say, "Why would you want to get married?, God takes better care of you than any man could." She is right. He does. The song just felt like it was God reminding me to pray. Switch the "Call" word for "prayer" and it feels like right where I was. The line "And when your weak, I'll be strong." and then, "and when you feel like hope is gone" was exactly how was feeling at that exact moment and I felt like I was alone. 

The first few lines said, "No matter where you go, You know you're not alone" and it really hit me. Even though I feel alone having to do so much by myself and trying to honor my mothers wishes and just basically honor my mother when others don't agree, I feel like I am standing alone and am trying to move through it and being SO tired with the parasites and no sleep and now, my mother being gone, it just seemed so overwhelming. That song was just what I needed to get through that rough moment.
 
I hope I don't have many more "Moments!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment