Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Dreaded Headache Trauma Again - The Migraine King

I woke with a horrible migraine and took a pill and a sip of coke and promptly returned it out of my body. 

I then took more pills, more coke and tried to eat something, but after one bight of a protein bar, I was on the verge of returning it out of my body as well, so I stopped eating it. 

I had to get the gift baskets out of the back of my car and worried they may melt, so I packed up a stack of grocery sacks in case I had to pull over to throw up, and took some Coke with me hoping it would calm my head some. 

I did some deep breathing and made my way to the food bank to drop off the baskets for the groups that are doing food drives this month, and ran into most of the workers even thought it was just after hours. 

One of them approached me asking if I had extra baskets as they remembered a few more businesses and people that they thought deserved one. I told him that I had miscounted on the baskets as one of the baskets I bought fell apart once I arrived home, so I had an extra "Thank you card" already written as I had planned an extra basket, but he said I could go in tomorrow and get more items for the new baskets. 

I left there feeling a little better as the medication had kicked in, and bought about 8 baskets, two large and 6 smaller ones for individuals who drop items off. I was also able to find a partial roll of tulle for the bows as I have finished about 6 rolls of the ones I had at home doing this baskets for the past few months. 

I will go tomorrow as they are getting a new truck, and then I can get items to make more "Thank You" baskets for the food bank as I don't know how much longer I will be on the board. 


I had a visit with the chairman of the board and he is leaving soon and I just don't know where it will end up with so many new people coming in. It will be interesting to see what happens. 

Almost exactly four hours after taking the pain medication, the headache hit hard again. It never went away completely, but I was functional. I stopped and bought more Coke and have been chugging it down. I have been in a migraine brain fog most of the day hearing my heart in my ear, and just wanting to crawl into bed. I got nothing off my list, and the house is worse than ever, so today was a waste. 

I hope I wake feeling better tomorrow. I did get to watch some "Tiger King" season two while fighting off the headache to distract myself from the pain. It makes me feel like my life isn't all that bad! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment