Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Not My Best Day - Flooded the Bathroom

 

I went to get the mail today and there was a Moen cartridge for the upstairs bath, so I screwed up and didn’t turn the water off. I don’t know what I was thinking. I haven't been feeling well and just thought I could do something quick but I should have known better.

In the past year, they put a new water tower in and my house water pressure is really high and I can't turn on any faucet full on as it splashes all over. I flooded the bathroom as I couldn’t get the cartridge back in and had to run to the basement and shut the water off and the bathroom flooded and ruined the ceiling in the basement bathroom. I had to wash a few loads of wet rugs and towels and cut the drywall out. Wasted day for sure. I also cracked my phone dropping it and slid on the slick floor and fell. It was not a good day.  

I guess I should be happy it wasn’t a full-on flood with carpet etc. I can do drywall, but it is going to be a hard fix. It isn’t where there is wood to screw drywall into in one spot. I have fans running and will let it dry for a few days and then fix it. 

Silly me! I shouldn't try and do home repair projects when I am not feeling well! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment