Tuesday, June 2, 2020

You Are My Sunshine - Girls Singing and Playing the Ukulele

Having my girls home for the last weekend was such a joy. If you read my blog, you will know that I LOVE it when my girls sing. 

I rarely get to be together with many of my girls, and getting to hear them sing is even more rare. I have such talented girls and because we are so busy when we do get together, time for singing is all that rarer. 

The last time I heard my girls sing together, was a year ago last Christmas when Princess Five wrote me a song before she left and had her sister record it and hide it from me until Christmas when they played it for me. Here is a link to the post about that. 

I am really excited about them letting me record a few songs with them playing the ukulele and singing. I only had time to upload one today but hope I will be able to post another tomorrow. 

When I was young, my mother used to sing this song to us and she would call us "sunshine" all the time. Several family members have shared stories about my mother and this song, even my cousins remember her doing this. 

I hope that at some point my girls will spend a bit more time and actually practice a few songs and let me record them! 

Enjoy! Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment