Monday, June 1, 2020

Thirty Suitcases down to ten - Going Through More House Items

 The last weekend, the girls decided to come down to visit an see their sister now that we are out of quarantine. 

They asked me while here, what I needed help with around the house. I am really good at keeping up on the things that only deal with me and the house. I have a very hard time going through things that I think the girls may want or need. 

Because we have done two service mission to Peru, we have LOTS of suitcases. Also, with every one of my girls doing a mission, we have had the need for LOTS of suitcases. 

When we went on our Peru trips, we would take our carryon full of our clothes and we would fill two of the largest suitcases we can take on flights full of humanitarian items we could leave there. With that, we needed 12 LARGE suitcases. For missionary service, they need one large, one medium and one small suitcase. WE also had a small carryon for each of us on our mission so we had 6 carryon sized pieces of luggage. 

I had luggage in the closets, some in the storage rooms in the basement, and most of it was stored in my very full garage. I don't have anymore children to go on a mission and I don't see my family going on anymore large service missions together, so I asked them to help me go through the cases and decide which ones to keep. 

I love to travel and think I should keep a good one or two or each size as the girls are still single and would like to travel so we got rid of anything that had any damage and it the more used sizes of sets were not in good shape so we kept individual pieces of different sets rather than keeping the set. 

The girls helped me stack the cases into each other and I don't think I could get them to be donated in one or maybe two trips. It feels so good to be able to get more out of the house. I will share more this week as we continue to get through stuff. I am so excited to be clearing things out! 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment