Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Still Cleaning Things Out - Bathroom Cupboards

Our area has had a supply drive to help some of the lower income areas that have been hardest hit by Covid-19. 

They were asking for medical supplies and cleaning supplies as well as hygiene products. I have been busy with the girls being home, but I wanted to donate what I could as things are quite tight financially with much more than I expected taxes due. I also thought during Covid I would save money, but I have spent much more on food having the girls home. 

Since I didn't have extra funds currently to spend on purchasing items to donate, I decided to go through my storage items and donate soap, shampoo, and medical supplies. I was able to quickly get a large bag of items together to donate. 

There were two large trailers hooked on to trucks ready to haul the donations to those in need. It was amazing to see about 75 women working on sorting the items to be donated. 

I was surprised however that there were only one or two in face masks and I was sad about that as  I know things are getting worse currently. Hopefully, all those helping will be blessed and not get covid during their service. 

Once I got the items out of the closet shelves, I found that I had lots of items in there that I used or needed when my girls were in the house or young, but no longer have a need for now. I had the girls go through all the different hair care products and keep anything they thought they would want. 

I had so many spray in products, palm ointments, gels and heat activated items that I had two medium size totes full. I also have a full tote of sunscreen and aloe products for sunburn along with bug sprays. 

I also was able to get rid of curlers and other items we wouldn't need anymore as well. I can't believe how much stuff was in that closet that I haven't used in years. I found many boxes of unused expired contacts. It seems such a waste of money but I couldn't believe how expired they were. I don't wear them so they were just in the girls stuff but they were so old that the two girls who wear them couldn't even remember whose contacts they were. 

I think having the girls home is good for me to be able to get rid of things without having to send photos of everything asking them if they want it etc. 

I am amazed at how much stuff we have collected over the years. I think I spend more time doing stuff outside than I have keeping up with the stuff on the inside. There is always something to work on. 

Have a blessed and safe day! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment