Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Removing Sharpie, Marker, and Ink off of Game Boxes, Toys, Movies, and Plastics

As you read my blog, you know that I LOVE to find bargains at second hand stores. I am always on the look out for games the girls like and movies that they each want a copy of for their own collections. 


This past week, was a jackpot for games and movies. I found two boxed games of "Curses" and two boxed games of  "Apples to Apples" at the second hand stores in town.

Curses is such a fun game and Apples to Apples is also a great family game for all ages. Three of the games had a name written on them. They were from different families but I thought it interesting that they had names on them as I don't often see that. 


I was taking the name off of one of the boxes when Princess Four asked me if I had blogged about how I take the names off. I had never even thought about posting a blog about how I take the names off of things. 


I also get Movie Dvd's sometimes that have a name written on them in Sharpie or marker. I remove the name on them the same way. 

I just take a cotton ball that has a little fingernail polish removal on them and gently wipe the marker off. Don't rub much or push hard or wipe lots or it will take off the coating or paint on the box. 


It works great on toys, movie cases and hard plastics. Try a test area and make sure that the remover won't melt the plastics you are using it on. Have a damp paper towel to use on the item after so you can get any chemicals off it. 

Here is a video of me removing the ink off the boxes explaining it further.    

No comments:

Post a Comment