Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gratitude Reminders for the day

Today was a beautiful day. I had a list of things to do and I got most of them done. I then got home after picking up Princess Five and figured it would be good to get more yard work done as I had lots of hours to do some which doesn't happen often. 
 
I found an edger at a second hand store that was BRAND new. It was $15. I was thrilled with it as my old one died last year.
 
I worked from 4 until after ten and I only got the front yard edged. Even with that, I didn't get the brick and fence "weed whacked" but just edged the sidewalk and decorative edges. 
 
I forget how much work the yard is in the winter and I usually am excited to get to it in the spring but this year, I am struggling to get to it. 
 
It seem like I have so much going on that I can't get to it and I'm still not feeling great so things just seem to take longer. 
 
I did enjoy being outside and working on the yard and my mind was going pondering on how grateful I was the the new edger. 
 
When I got to a specific part of the yard, I got a great smile on my face. My mind went back to a post from last year when I was weed whacking my front yard.
 
I found lots of coins while working. Here is a link to that post. 

I was moving right along and realized I was daydreaming a bit and then I missed seeing a sprinkler. I chopped it to bits and the wire spring choked up my new edger. 

I had to pull it apart to get it off. One would think that I learned my lesson to look ahead of me for sprinklers but I broke two more but at least stopped before the wire got tangled. 
 
I finished up after dark and was so excited about getting something of my list. I am going to try getting the rest of the stuff on the yard list done in the next week or two. It would be nice to get the yard and house into a place where it isn't so much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment