Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Keeping Weeds Out of a Field

I have struggled for years with the field next to my home. They mow the field weeds and don't have a bag on the mower so every time there is a wind storm, it blows all the seeds into my yard. 

I was dropping my trailer off to a friends yard and there isn't a weed in the yard. It was amazing! I asked them how they keep the yard so clear. 

They explained that they were told by someone to spread Preen over the lot with a spreader after killing off all the weeds. They used a total vegetation killer on the lot and once it was dead, they spread the Preen and then reapplied the preen to spots only if weeds are growing. 

I was very happy to hear this news as the weed seeds keep blowing into my rocks and bark landscaped areas of the yard and weeds keep growing. Now, I can just purchase a large bucket at Costco and spread it over those areas to keep weeds for taking root in the landscaping! 

I shared that information with my neighbors so maybe they can clean up the lot and help get rid of all the seeds they have been sharing for so many years. They said they would try it but they need to do something to get rid of all the weeds currently growing. 

I am glad to know that there is a solution that can take care of the nightmare lot next door and hope they decide to do something about it soon! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment