Thursday, March 3, 2022

Day of Deals - God Loves Me

I was at a thrift store last week and saw a GeoSafari game in the box on a shelf outside. I didn't know if it was something my grandchildren are old enough to play with, but I called my daughter and she said she didn't think it would be something they could use currently. 

I asked how much it was and the worker said $10. I decided against it. They go for a bit online if they have extra sets and it had four new sets inside with the prices still on them. I just didn't want to pay that much so I passed and told them it needed a price on it. The assistant manager took it to the back. 

I went back this past week and it was near closing and I was shocked to see it on a cart that came out for $3. I figured I could sell it online as it was still in the box. When I pulled it out off the cart, behind it was a cast iron HUGE roaster! It was new with the instructions, a cook book and two inserts, and pre-cured / seasoned for $4! I grabbed it as it can cook a turkey in it as it has a vent in the bottom or you can flip it and use the top as a dutch oven.It is also a smoker I was thrilled with that! 

I went to the collectable counter and they had a new in the bag Aqua Filter with FOUR ceramic filters. I researched the gravity fed filters years ago for an emergency class I was teaching. Berkey and Auqu Filter were the two best gravity fed filters and you can wash and clean the ceramic filters over and over rather than buying new disposable filters for other units. You can also plug the holes and get down to just one filter and it will still work and you can send the ceramic filters with people traveling to use with inline tubing! The only downside to ceramic filters is they can freeze and crack so you need to keep them warm in the cold like sleeping with them near you type of thing to keep it safe in the cold. These units with three filters are over $350. Extra filters are over $50. I paid $150 for it. 

I went to the other thrift store and I saw a 10 gallon metal Igloo cooler which I have never seen in my life before! It was $12.50 but online they sell for quite a bit. I could only find one or two 10 gallon online anywhere. I found lots of 3 gallon and a few 5 gallon, but only 2 online in the 10 gallon. It did have some rust on the inside base, but I know there has to be a way to coat that as it would be super cool to have at a wedding for drinks as that is the style currently. I know it will sell, even if it is just a decoration as it was full of dirt, so I think it was a decoration before it was donated. 

I love when God provides things that I can sell and help pay bills. Even if none of them sell, most I could keep for emergency preparedness. I know They will sell as they have all sold online. 

I'm feeling blessed as God always takes good care of me! A Gratitude moment for sure! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment