Monday, January 2, 2017

Late To Post - Family History Sorting Again.....

Over the past seven years or so, I have sorted cases and cases of papers and pictures from my mothers estate. 
 
My mother saved every program, wedding announcement and any other type of paper with any of her 8 children's names on it and her siblings as well as her nieces and nephews. 
 
I have about five bins of pictures, just pictures and then many other bins of documents, letters etc. 
 
I started with two bins that had mostly pictures but some documents and I ended up being up all night and I didn't even finish the two bins. 
 
This is why I hate to start anything from my mothers estate as I am now stuck with piles all over the table 

There was an envelope full of ripped documents that were like a puzzle to put together which took some time. 

I had someone help sorts some other boxes and I forgot to tell her that I kept the ripped papers as they are letters from the 1920's to and from my grandfather.  
 
I found some amazing pictures of my granparents on both sides as well as some great photos of my mother singing and dancing.

I am in the middle of editing my mothers book that we are publishing and we were missing some key pictures as I mostly scanned pictures from one year of her life so the pictures I am working on sorting are her life and my life growing up. 
 
I probably have sorted five hundred pictures already last night but, being up all night I didn't get my blog done on time. Forgive the lateness of the post. I am hoping to get the rest of the bins sorted this next week. I need to get to scanning some pictures for the book and I really want to get it all done!         

No comments:

Post a Comment