Friday, December 20, 2013

Sprucing Up Leather Items Using a Sharpie

I have to laugh when I post this. Years ago, I was single and in high school. I had black leather boots I used to wear very often. I used a black Sharpie to color in the scuffs and scrapes on the boots.

A year or two later, my girlfriend called me and told me she had watched a movie called "Pretty Woman" and said that the actress in the show reminded her of me so much. She told me that I needed to watch the show. I don't like watching "R" rated movies so I told her I would have to wait until it came on TV.

A few years later, it came on TV and I watched it and it was so funny. In the first few scenes of the movie, Julia Roberts is coloring her black boots with a Sharpie Marker. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it.


Since then, over the years, many people have told me they think I sound and look like Julia Roberts. I used to get it all the time when I had permed long hair.

My Father and Mother-in-law lived in Thailand for a few months and watched "Nodding Hill" while there. My mother-in-law looked at my dad in the theater and said, "How is it watching your daughter on the screen?" I personally have never seen the resemblance but I have actually had strangers tell me I sound like her and they came around to look and see my face.

That really has nothing to do with anything but I just had that flash back when I started to write this post.

I have used this method for years. It works great. If you have read any of my posts, you know that I LOVE Sharpies and use them for all sorts of things.In fact, I searched my posts and I have 36 posts where I mention "Sharpie" for different uses.


Just fill in the scratches with the nearest color of Sharpie. Use brown on brown leather and black on Black leather etc.

When I look at the finished project, you can't really see the fills in's unless you look really closely. It is a nice easy "fix" for small scratches and worn patches.

This will also work on couches, leather chairs etc. It is nice that I can spruce up older things and make them look fresh again within just seconds and for little or no cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment