Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Starting the Season Right - O Christmas Tree


To start the season right, I had to find the girls some festive ugly sweaters for "ugly sweater Thursday."


They both liked the ugly sweaters I found for them at the local second hand store. They are in the wash to be ready for this week's wear. 

We usually get out the Christmas tree and decorate it Thanksgiving weekend. However, we spent Thanksgiving at Princess One and Two's homes this year so we didn't get the tree out this weekend. 

I figured we should get it out now or we probably wouldn't get it out as December is such a busy month. 

Princess Five decorated the coffee table with fabric and some of our Christmas books. We probably have at least 100 books for Christmas but I haven't gotten them all out in years. Princess Four and Five still haven't seen all our Christmas decorations and I keep thinking I will pull them out and get rid of them but that means making a mess over the holidays so it hasn't been a priority. 


Princess Four and Five helped set up our "Easy" decorations that we pull out the past many years since my divorce and they are the bare necessities of Christmas. 

I actually gave about 30 seconds thought to pulling all the decorations out before I thought about the trailer needing to be waxed and the front door needing to be painted and the windows needing to be washed on the outside and the front garden beds that are still waiting to be cleaned out for winter. 

I think I waited a bit too long to prune the fruit trees but laughed as I went down a main street today and saw someone pruning a large tree. I am not the only one that didn't get all their fall chores finished.
 
We had fun putting up the tree and thought about putting up another. I used to have a smaller tree but am not sure what I did with it. I know we still have some in storage with the wedding doors from Princess one's wedding but they are a three hour drive away. I'm not planning on heading to get those any time soon. 

We got the nativity, the tree, the stockings and some books out. That is about what will make it out as we finished putting it up, we compared schedules and noticed that between dancing and singing groups, we have something most nights this month including the weekends. 
 
Yahoo for Christmas! Princess Five put up her ipod speakers and we listened to the Christmas Pandora station only to find that they only have about seven songs on it. Weird. I pulled out a cd with Christmas Carols from Classic artists and my baby had never heard of one of them. I then realized that they were Classic artists to my parents generation and that is why I had heard of them but my princess is way down the line from that group of artists. She had at least heard some of the songs.


Years ago my mother gave each family this little train for Christmas and we have enjoyed it each year. It is the one thing that all my girls do remember from each Christmas. Who knew a little toy could bring so much joy and love (as well as noise) into Christmas. 

I am glad we have the tree up and hope that this year will be wonderful. Princess One and her Prince won't be joining us this year as they will most likely be moving over the holiday. Who knows, we may be moving them as well. Not sure what the holiday holds for us! 


We did get our first Christmas present. My good friend Julie gave me this beautiful poinsettia and I couldn't help but show the deep color of it. We also put the tree on a timer so we could not have the issue of turning it on and off nightly. Some years that gets old. 

Have you gotten your tree up yet? It seems things go up earlier and earlier each year. I am fine waiting until Thanksgiving is over to put up our decorations. Happy Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment