Thursday, January 13, 2022

My Little Pony - Still a Favorite


When Princess Five was younger she loved Care Bears.  For some reason in my head, I thought she liked "My Little Ponies" and bought her a lunchbox full of them over time. 

She didn't want them and I sold them at a yard sale and the woman had the look like she stuck her hand in the cookie jar and I wondered if I had sold something valuable for cheap. It wouldn't be the first time I've sold something I should have looked up first. They were older ponies which are the only of value. 

Recently I found a "My Little Pony" lunch box and bags of ponies for sale at the thrift stores. My grand-daughter loves "My Little Ponies" and so I started picking them up when I would see them and she gets so excited by them. 

I bought a bag this week and they looked like the legit ponies, but they said, "Patent Pending" so I looked them up and it is amazing to me the prices that some sell for. Some of the oldest sell for less than $1 on eBay. 

Most of them don't even sell, but the ones that do sell are mostly less than $10. There were only a few that sold for under $20 and just a few that sold for over $100. They are first year makes that are a bit rare and have to be new or like new. 

So, I decided to just let my grand-daughter play with them unless I find one in the package. Sometimes it is worth looking up how much things will sell for as I have had some good luck selling older toys and games. 

It seems like late 80's on, they made so many toys in runs that you can find the toys easily. The only toys of value are the ones that are mint in the box new that were super popular toys. 

I figured I would share what I found as I haven't felt that great today. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment