Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Sleepless Night With A Happy Ending - Happy Birthday Mom

I have shared the past few days that I have have been suffering pain in the root of a tooth that has had problems for years.

I was so tired and feeling horrible last night. I went to bed earlier than normal trying to sleep. I couldn't sleep due to pain in my mouth and throat. I tried all the usual tricks to get to sleep. I watched a boring show, I played solitaire, I was struggling to sleep and was nearly asleep when I got the horrible ache I get in my hip when a parasite starts burrowing around in the joint.


It woke me up, and I couldn't get to sleep. I was so frustrated, and in pain, that I started crying. It usually takes lots of pain to get me crying. However, it was partly some other situations as well. I had worked on my bills earlier in the day, and I had also been pondering on my mother as it would have been her birthday this week.

I had been pondering on some situations with friends, finances, family, and health, and was just feeling a bit overwhelmed. I think when people are in pain, other things tend to pile up and affect us more than they would otherwise.

As I was laying in bed, tears in my eyes, I felt my mother near singing me a Simon and Garfunkel song," Bridge over Troubled Water" was running through my mind.

Anyone who knows my mother, knows she used music every day of her life. She sang with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for ten years. She was always in a choir of some type for my entire life. She would sing to us each night putting us to bed. She created a family band, had us sing for every holiday, performing our entire life. My mother also wrote songs as did her mother and father! Of course my mother would speak to me using music.

I don't know the words to the song, however, I know the chorus, so in the middle of the night, I looked up the lyrics to "Bridge over Troubled Water" and here are the words to the song.

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all 


I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down






When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you (ooo)
I'll take your part, oh, when darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down





Sail on silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine
Oh, if you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind



While doing research for this post, I looked back and found a post where I had a similar situation I had forgotten about a few years back. Here is a link to that post which I thought was funny because it also contains another Simon and Garfunkel song which I didn't know they sang!  

Everything I had been feeling, loss of funds, alone at night in the dark in pain, friend situations, it was all covered in this song. I love that the last verse talks about "Sailing on" and I am the "Silver girl" collecting silver for years. It talks about how if I need a friend, she will be right behind me, like "She's got my back!" 


I would love to think that my time has come to shine and that my dreams are on their way! It isn't that I need those things, it was enough to just know that she and God are aware of my feelings. That song was absolutely how I felt in my feverish pain unable to sleep. I love that it left on a positive note! 

My health felt better for most of the day but tend to get worse in the evening. I am trying to be more consistent with the medication and hope I can feel better soon. 

I am grateful for my amazing mother who I feel is still watching over me even though she passed years ago now. I KNOW that God is also a loving Heavenly Father watching over me as well. I know H

e would make a way for my mother to communicate with me when needed as well and I KNOW that she does and would do that through songs! 

I hope you are staying safe and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment