Friday, August 25, 2017

Inexpensive Disney Party Favors - Fridge Magnets - Fun Craft

I have been so busy lately and with not feeling well, I have been trying to catch up on things I have taken pictures and video of and in the past few days, I was able to upload a few videos after several tries so I was able to post the updated videos yesterday about the parasite and glad to have that off my "to do" list as so many people have asked me for an update.

I am hoping I can catch up on some of this stuff next week but am not sure what my situation will be as a family member is going in for exploratory surgery so for now, I am going to blog about the videos I have uploaded and hope I can update on family stuff next week while staying with family.

You know I have a Disney Fanatic daughter who wants to be a Disney Princess. She loves all things Disney so I found these cute shower curtain holders at a second hand store for $1.50 for 12. In the past, I figured out how to make shower curtain hooks into cute magnets  and did so on a blog post using these cute bird hooks and we used them as a "good luck" gift and she kept one for her magnet board.

Since that went well, I thought I would give it a try with these cute "Mickey" heads. I have seen similar solid ones before but they were scuffed and the price was $3 and I didn't think they were that cute but I really liked these with the lines through them and they were half the price so I went ahead and bought them as I have been looking for some since I first saw them. 

I guess I used a dremel tool to get the glue off the bird shower curtain backs once I had wiggled and twisted the hook off but they were new in the package at Walmart so the glue was a bit firm. 

These hooks were a bit older and just using pliers on the back took off the glue quite well and I didn't need to use any other tools to remove them. 

Just twist and turn the hook on the back but don't push it to the side or bend at an angle or you will split the front. The other decoration was thick and I didn't have any problem but I split the front of two of these as they are a bit thinner and not as sturdy of resin so be careful depending on the front you choose. 

I glued little strong magnets on the backs but ran out and used some larger thicker magnets on a few but it was fun that it gave them a bit of a three dimensional look having some be closer to the fridge and others further away. If you could find three or four different thicknesses of magnets, it would be cool to have them all at different spaces away from the fridge or magnet board. 


This is a fun project and if you could find some discounted or bulk somewhere, it would be a fun wedding favor or gift for an inexpensive price if you are willing to do a bit of work. 

Princess Five saw them on the fridge the next day after I made them and commented on how cute they were. You can basically do anything as they have so many varieties available now for bathroom décor! 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment