Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Grandmothers Day to ME!


 Today was my first Mothers Day as a Grandmother. I had a WONDERFUL day. 

Last week I wanted to remember all the amazing mothers in my life so I wrote cards and sent them all off. I also wrote several to others in my life that I wanted to let know how important they are to me. 

I sent one sent one to Princess Number One as it is her first mothers day. I also sent one to Princess Two as she just got asked to do a large thing in her life that will keep her very busy. 

On Saturday morning, I woke to knocking at the door. There was this beautiful flower arrangement given to me by Princess Three. Since the girls talked about Mothers day, they knew she was taking care of flowers so when the mail came on Saturday, I was happy to see this beautiful handmade card by my first grandchild and her wonderful parents. 

Princess One and her husband used Grand-Princess one's hands to make the letters "JOY" for my card. I thought that was very cute and crafty of them and I am sure it wasn't easy with a three month old to manage getting anything done. When I asked about it, she said they used the side of her hand with her fingers curved to make the "J" and similar things for the other letters but did say that it was hard to get as she kept opening and closing her hand getting paint everywhere.

They also sent a cute picture they printed out that we took the day she was blessed into our church. I got a check from them which will come in handy as we have several things coming up for the summer which need to get paid off for the girls at home.

Princess Two sent a card and I laughed as I read it. She listed what she loved about me and then said, "Let's be honest, I like cards much more than you so I'll end there."

Princess Two LOVES notes, cards, poems and anything written. The funny story about that was that she was going to mail my card from work but didn't want to have to walk far to the mailbox so she waited until she arrived home and saw the post man pass her house and ran it out to him. 

She picked up the mail in her box after giving him my card and found my card in the box. Our cards passed in the mail. She included some cash as well knowing the flowers were taken care of, they both donated to the girls summer cause. 

Here is the card that came with the flowers from Princess Three. 

Princess Four and Five, helped make a wonderful meal today and both gave me lengthy foot rubs and back rubs. I was in heaven. My feet haven't felt that good since last mothers day! 

I visited a few women from my church and gave them Mothers Day wishes as well as calling all the important mothers in my life including my mom and my step-mom. (I call her that only for clarity as she is like a mother to our family)

We had a beautiful day with good food and I was able to speak to all the Princesses and got a few well wishes from friends and the girls friends who call me "mom" as well. 

It was a great Mothers Day and I hope all of you had a wonderful day honoring your mothers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment